One of the things that is so beautiful about this church, and our community, is its diversity.
- It’s built into our mission: inviting diverse and disconnected people to passionately follow Jesus together.
- It’s one of our core values: Different Together.
- But it’s not just aspirational, it’s who we actually are. Look around the Worship Center on a Sunday morning and you’ll see people from all different backgrounds, cultures, countries. It’s a beautiful reflection of the Kingdom of God.
We know that Different Together isn’t easy in this broken world. But it’s important to us, something we are actively working toward. If you’d like to be part of this work, here are some opportunities.
Resources For Learning and Reflection
Be The Bridge is a Christian organization that calls Christians to move toward relationship and deeper understanding in the midst of a divisive culture.
- Join the Be The Bridge Facebook group. New members are asked to engage in a 3-month period of listening and learning. The required units (articles, videos, podcasts) are a wealth of helpful information and opportunities for reflection and heart transformation.
- Read the Be The Bridge book, written by founder Latasha Morrison. Through personal stories and powerful teaching, she lays out a path toward repentance and healing.
- Let us know if you are interested in joining a future Be The Bridge group at VRBC. We have two groups currently in session and hope to start new groups once these are completed.
For more information on Be the Bridge, or to visit about other resources like books, podcasts and videos, email Amy at email@example.com